[Xastir] New member Intro and question

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:07:27 PDT 2016

Welcome!

2.0.9 is the latest, but the latest-latest would be in Git on GitHub. See
how to switch to using Git (if you're not already) on http://xastir.org

If the Git instructions are unclear we'd like to hear about it. We just
switched to Git and GitHub this summer so those docs are new.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Joel Vazquez, AE4SR <
ae4sr.radioop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dave for the reply.   Seems that's the case, Im currently in 2.0.9.
> So is there a way I can download the maps and put them in place, or (I hope
> not) do I have to make a full install?
>

> Joel Vazquez
> Ham Radio Operator, AE4SR
> mobile: 305.773.5154
> site: www.ae4sr.us
> <https://twitter.com/AE4SR>
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/joelvazquez>
>
> Get a signature like this! <https://newoldstamp.com/editor/>
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Dave <davidf4 at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Joel,
> >
> > It sounds like you are using one of the pre-built versions of Xastir?  If
> > so, then you may want to see if your Linux Distribution has a newer
> version
> > available.
> >
> > About a year ago several of the OSM map servers were shut down as
> > "Legacy".  As a result, unless you're running a more recent version of
> > Xaster, most of the OSM links are broken.
> >
> > Please note however that installing a newer version of Xastir won't
> remove
> > those broken selections from your map list, they'll just (if they're new
> > enough) add other ones.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > KD7MYC
> >

> > On 9/28/2016 6:08 PM, Joel Vazquez, AE4SR wrote
> >
> >> Got a question, since I think a year ago that the online maps from OSM
> >> stop
> >> working,

Curt, WE7U
http://we7u.wetnet.net