[Xastir] Subject: Failing: ../configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff"

Gayland Gump kg7gcf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:45:31 PDT 2017

Thanks for the reply David.  Having lots of trouble getting things into the
list server, was beginning to think it wasn't working at all.
Interestingly, I removed the GDAL directory and reinstalled the Xastir
directory and the ../configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/geotiff" did not
crash and I ended up with a configure that showed all options would
install.  So I'd add a caveat to the instructions, that if one wants to
include GDAL, configure, make, make install, then delete the build and git
a new copy of xastir.  I don't understand enough to know why the configure
was giving the error it was but this workaround got me a build with all
options.  Whether they all actually work, I can't say.

Gayland
KG7GCF