[Xastir] PNG snapshots not working when installing from Ubuntu 16.10 packages

Martin (DK3ML) dk3ml at darc.de
Sat Apr 15 07:28:16 PDT 2017

Hi everybody,

I installed xastir 2.0.8 using apt-get install xastir on Ubuntu 16.10.

When enabling png snapshot, no file is saved to .xastir/tmp/

kml snapshots are working fine.

I also tried to compile and install Xastir from the github sources. Then
png snapshot works, but OSM tiles don't work. I can't see the .geo files
in the map-choser dialog.

Do you have any idea how to

a) get png snapshots work for the installation via package-manager or

b) get OSM tiles work when compiling from source?

Thanks a lot!

vy 73 de Martin, DK3ML