[Xastir] OSX sound setting

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Mon Apr 17 07:58:55 PDT 2017

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 2:33:05 PM PDT F1MHV wrote:
> Hello Group and Happy Easter,
>
> FYI with OSX, within Xastir menu,  in File->Configure->Audio Alarms, replace
> Play by afplay to get sounds (as long as wav files are present in Sounds
> folder).
>
> By the way, OSX is having an embedded text-to-speech, does there is a way to

The Xastir source contains a file 'macspeech.c' that adds support for OSX.
Not having a Mac I don't know if it's compiled automatically,  but it is
there.

Perhaps one of the regular Mac users can speak up.
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“I never am really satisfied that I understand anything; because, understand
it well as I may, my comprehension can only be an infinitesimal fraction of
all I want to understand” -Ada Lovelace