[Xastir] Problems following Raspbian upgrade to Stretch

Steven Morrison morrison.monahans at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 27 11:17:59 PDT 2017

I need a little help, please.

I just upgraded my Raspberry Pi, dedicated to running xastir as an APRS
igate, from Raspbian Jessie to Stretch. The upgrade ran smoothly, but
now xastir won't run, complaining about missing library libgdal.so.1.

Where can I retrieve a copy of this library, or do I need to recompile
xastir?

I'm running xastir compiled from source about 1 year ago. I followed the
compile script on the xastir wiki pages. Can I follow the same compile
script (labeled for Jessie) to recompile under Stretch?

Thanks  for any assistance.

Steve

KE5SXT