[Xastir] RasPi upgrade continued ...

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 07:27:47 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 6:11 AM, Rob Noll <rob at nollmail.com> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Not sure if my issue is related to his, but when I run Xastir, my panel
> disappears and does not come back after quitting Xastir.  If I try to
> manually run lxpanel from a terminal window while xastir is running, I get
> an error, I think it was something to do with "free()"

OK, my initial interpretation of "disappear" was "hidden", which is
obviously wrong.

I still maintain it's a window manager bug.  An application, especially a
working application, should not be able to crash the window manager.

I've got a system with a fresh xastir build on Jessie upgrading to Stretch
at the moment.  I'll try to replicate if I have time.

but seriously, it's not xastir. even if an xastir recompile makes it
disappear.

-Jason
kg4wsv