[Xastir] RasPi upgrade continued ...

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 08:48:40 PDT 2017

I've replicated the problem.  Started with a relatively clean Jessie,
did the upgrade to Stretch, logged in to a panel at the top of the
screen (ala Jessie). ran xastir.  lxpanel went away.
~/.cache/lxsession/LXDE/run.log has some rather unhelpful error
messages.

for grins, ran lxsession from the terminal window.  Got a different
style of panel at the bottom of the screen.  ran xatir, got several
"error in lxpanel: corrupted double-linked list".

as part of the upgrade process I did an apt-get autoremove, which
apparently removed a bunch of the development packages required for an
install, since there are now .h files missing.

did another apt-get update, only sees 2 sources (used to have ~20?)

this update process is very suspect.  not sure I have a working system anymore.

IMO, if you have a burning desire to upgrade to stretch, stifle it.

-Jason
kg4wsv