[Xastir] Movable zoomanble maps

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 16:04:55 PST 2017

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, Joseph LaFerla wrote:
>
> Could you point me to where I can turn on map caching?  I’ve looked
>> everywhere and must have missed it.
>>

> As I recall it has to do with Berkeley DB / Sleepycad DB. You have to have
> the dblib package and the header package that matches the version number.
> Sometimes you can get crossed up with a different version number for the
> library as oppposed to the header package, or get multiple libraries
> installed and the header package only matches one of them. Try to get only
> one library and one header package installed. Sometimes you end up with a
> very old compatibility library package and a newer lib package, plus a
> header package for the new one: That seems to work.

​
If you click "Help", then "About" in Xastir you will see "map_caching" in
the list of libraries​ if the Berkeley DB package is compiled in.  If it's
there you already have it - there's no enable/disable switch that I am
aware of within Xastir itself.

> Hope that's not too many words to describe something relatively simple.
> Ask more to the list if you get into trouble.
>
> ​If you don't see ​"map_caching" on the list, you are most likely lacking
the "libdb-dev" package.  There's nothing in this specific thread that says
what platform or OS you using, but I think in a different thread you were
on a Raspberry Pi?

Lee - K5DAT

Virus-free.
<#m_6905225126554973785_m_-1349733120101178084_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>