[Xastir] Movable zoomanble maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 14:36:35 PST 2017

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017, Joseph LaFerla wrote:

> Could you point me to where I can turn on map caching?  I’ve looked everywhere and must have missed it.

As I recall it has to do with Berkeley DB / Sleepycad DB. You have to have the dblib package and the header package that matches the version number. Sometimes you can get crossed up with a different version number for the library as oppposed to the header package, or get multiple libraries installed and the header package only matches one of them. Try to get only one library and one header package installed. Sometimes you end up with a very old compatibility library package and a newer lib package, plus a header package for the new one: That seems to work.

Hope that's not too many words to describe something relatively simple. Ask more to the list if you get into trouble.

The main thing is, if you try to remove a package and all of a sudden your package manager says it wants to remove 10-50 packages because of it, don't do it: That's probably the old compatibility package they all depend upon.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com