[Xastir] Couple of Small Problems, Maybe?

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Wed Feb 15 21:21:56 PST 2017

Howdy Flip,

> 1 - Street address look-up, where can I get the DB that's needed for
> it to work? URL in the reading is a no go.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Describe what you're doing and where Xastir
isn't working as you'd expect.

> 2 - The weather, not at all sure what I need to get so that xastir
> will let me know and also transmit the warnings to RF? Need this for
> three counties.

Are you looking to get WX warning messages?  Are you getting your APRS
data via RF, from the Internet, or both?   If via the Internet, you
might want to use one of the alternative APRS-IS feeds to get the WX feeds:

Firenet: http://xastir.org/pipermail/xastir/2013-May/021599.html

> 3 - Need to get the I-Net to RF and RF to I-Net working.
> Can activate aprs on IPhone and festival speaks my call when it
> receives it but does not send to RF,
> and have no clue if anything from RF is making it to the servers. Yes
> I have a good Inet connection.

Stepping back, what are you trying to do here?  Unless you plan on
setting up a high level APRS node, etc, mode people setup Igates that
will only transmit APRS user messages to RF.  To your specific question,
if your iPhone app has a unique callsign+ssid compared to the
callsign+ssid running on Xastir, YES, Xastir should get the message and
if everything is setup right, Festival should speak the message.

--David
KI6ZHD