[Xastir] FIXED No iGate, please help

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Thu Feb 16 09:02:11 PST 2017

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:44:36 AM PST Den wrote:
> Well, I stumbled on this anomaly and it looks like others have too where
> you can 'shoot yourself'. Get locked out and not be able to get back in.
> And so far, there is no recovery, except logging in as root. There are
> way too many shoddy tutorials on the web that lure users into pulling
> the trigger. "sudo su" then down the page "xstart" BAM

Yes,  far to many of those.

> I'd prefer to have more control over my guns rather than to have them go
> off unintentionally.

It's kind of like having a modern rifle and finding the instructions on the
web for a muzzleloader.  Pour the powder in,  stuff down a bullet, pull the
trigger and BAM.

> Of course, change the Pi password and create a root password. Both
> should be strong. Don't think I advised differently? Actually am tired
> of helping people who did not take the simplest precautions right up front.
>
> KEN;
>
> perhaps you could advise the new Pi user just how to protect
> themselves.... definitely NOT a popular subject on the web

I'm working on a couple of RPi/radio combos that need to be properly
configured and I'll try to write up the details.  The problem is finding the
ATU's to do it and staying focused...oh look 'Squirrel'...long enough.
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“I never am really satisfied that I understand anything; because, understand
it well as I may, my comprehension can only be an infinitesimal fraction of
all I want to understand” -Ada Lovelace