[Xastir] FIXED No iGate, please help

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 09:20:35 PST 2017

I just did a quick read of http://tnc-x.com/TNCPi.pdf and while there is an apparently unneeded invocation of startx, there were no instructions to do it as root nor did I see  prior instructions that would have left you in a root shell.  Maybe I read too quickly or there are some out of date instructions floating around.

 I forgot instructions on how to change the root password after recommending everyone should - sorry about that.

To change the root password:

pi$ sudo passwd root
New password for root:
Retype new password:

Root can override anyone's password without knowing the old one. You can change the pi user's password the same way, or by the usual unprivileged method:

pi$ passwd
Old password:
New password:
Repeat new password: