[Xastir] FIXED No iGate, please help

Den W2DEN at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 09:52:37 PST 2017

Jason,

Can not say exactly how I ran into this issuefollowing your tutorial but
I did and it was the second time it happened to me. The first
configuring a WeeWX pi. This discussion started when Chris appeared to
have the same issue on 2/16 and was asking how to fix the pi boot refusal.

I was trying to follow a couple of Xastir help files, not really keeping
track until I rebooted and could not log in. The light went off and I
knew what I did. This time I had the root password set up and could fix
the issue.

My input would be to avoid sudo su in tutorials where newbies, like me,
may 'shoot' themselves, unknowingly. I believe you can accomplish the
same commands with sudo as you would without it after the sudo su.

No harm, no foul.... we are all just amateurs trying to have fun.
Pleasure communicating with you..

Any suggestions on how to improve the Xastir mapping?

73
Den