[Xastir] Couple of Small Problems, Maybe?

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:36:44 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Halley Melinda <kd4fbi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey David,This is Mickey, Flip's wife. the xastir site has "TBD" on the
> section for Igating. Other than how to turn on igating, there's no help.

The most up-to-date docs would be the text files with the code. The Wiki
pages won't be as complete.

For igating there are two places to tweak in Xastir:

1) File -> Configure Defaults -> IGate Options
2) Interface -> Interface Control -> Add -> Internet Server -> Add -> Put
in options there for the particular APRS-IS server you want to connect to.

I'd recommend checking "Activate on Startup?" "Allow Transmitting", and
"Reconnect on NET failure?". You'll need to put in Host, Port, and
Pass-code there.

Also note that you can click on the dashed-line on the drop-down windows to
chop them off and make them stick around for a bit. You can then hit the
'X' in the corner to make them go away.

Also on the "Interface" menu is "Disable Transmit: ALL". Do NOT check that.

--
Curt, WE7U
http://we7u.wetnet.net