[Xastir] Xastir <> Uronode

Peter Mallett peter.zl2bau at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:17:33 PST 2017

On 20/02/17 15:40, David Ranch wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> I don't understand the question.  FBB and Uronode use Linux's AX.25
> stack for "connected" sessions into them.  These programs are usually
> run on BBS or KB2KB allocated packet frequencies in your area.  Xastir
> can also use Linux's AX.25 stack but with "unconnected" packets on
> frequencies typically on your regional APRS frequency.
>
> I don't understand what you might be looking for here.  Maybe you can
> elaborate on the ask.
>
> --David
> KI6ZHD
>

> On 02/19/2017 05:11 PM, Peter Mallett wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>       I have just converted over to 64Bit and running FBB / Uronode,
>> also Xastir on the same box.
>>
>> I am trying to find a Plugin or such for either Uronode / Xastir to
>> communicate with each other.
>>
>> I already have Xastir running on ax2 in Linux to a PK-232 TNC and
>> would like to hook it somehow.
>>
>> Regards ..... Peter  ZL2BAU

Hi David,

          The Xastir / FBB / Uronode all run on the same box on debian
8.7.1. the Xastir at the moment is logged into a aprs2 server so no
problem there.

The local radio port is on my ax2 of debian and is working well.

What I want to do is to transfr the data from radio, thru a pipe maybe
to Xastir and if possible back the other way. In other words, a
bi-directional pipe.

Something like this I guess 9 example of one I use already )

/usr/bin/socat pty,link=/dev/axip,raw,echo=0 pty,link=/dev/pixa,raw,echo=0 &

Regards ..... Peter  ZL2BAU