[Xastir] Tracking with Xastir using NMEA tracker

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 4 10:13:02 PDT 2017

Hi Bill,
I have three of the Beeline GPS trackers on 70cm.  I'm not interested in getting packets placed on -IS as I just want to get my rocket back and the rest of the world likely doesn't care on .390.  High rate, once per 5 seconds packet would likely tick off a large number of people if a rocket ended up in an inaccessible place and if on 144.390 and close toa Digi, would mess up the local network till the battery dies.  That's not being courteous. (As I aim to be.)The high altitude balloon guys don't transmit that frequently and use reasonable path statements so not to clog up the national system.  Oh boy, there is heck to pay if one has their settings too liberal.  I remember some years agosome folks on the balloon groups had some testy posts for a flier who got it wrong!
Kurt KC9LDH