[Xastir] get-NWSdata script

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jul 5 10:01:17 PDT 2017

get-NWSdata accesses a helper script called "values" that must be present in
the same directory as the script.  It is created at configure time, and "make
install" will install them both to the same place.

It appears that you are trying to run the script that exists in the source tree.
"values" may or may not be present there depending on how you built xastir.
If you built using a separate "build directory" as we recommend, it won't
be there: values will be created in your build directory, but get-NWSdata
won't be copied in there.  If you are building directly in the source tree,
values will be created at configure time, but not until then, and will be
removed if you do a "make distclean."

Once you do "make install" both get-NWSdata and values will be installed in
${prefix}/share/xastir/scripts.  In that case, you should run it from that
location, i.e. 'sudo /usr/local/share/xastir/scripts/get-NWSdata'

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 10:49:09AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ve3ctp at cogeco.ca> flavor, containing: