[Xastir] GPS NMEA sentences decoded by Xastir

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 13:06:12 PDT 2017

I've thought about trying to hack out a new xastir device type to
handle the NMEA trackers like the eggfinder.  The device configuration
would include a callsign that xastir would use for the station call,
plus all of the other serial port stuff. More or less what the perl
hack you're using now does, but actually built in.  maybe the
developers could comment on how sane that sounds.

as for my portable GSE, the Smartipi people came up with a cover that
encloses 35mm of space on the back of the pi touchscreen case, so I
can shoehorn in a battery and charge/boost//management circuit, a 12V
supply so I can feed power via a power pole, and (if I can figure out
the serial logistics) add a GPS and an xbee radio in there as well.  I
need to build faster that I feature creep, so I can actually complete
a design.  :|

-Jason
kg4wsv