[Xastir] GPS NMEA sentences decoded by Xastir

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 24 10:56:41 PDT 2017

I asked Andrew, the author of  YAAC and he put that option in there.  It works for wired devices under Windows but Bluetooth in Windows stinks so I haven'tbeen able to use the program in that regard.  Ideally, it would be nice to have a small tablet to carry out in the field and not be encumbered with cablesconnected up to the device.
With YAAC, one can define an NMEA stream as one's primary position and a second stream coming in over another port and give it a name or callsign.In fact, the secondary NMEA stream can be monitored and digipeated if one desires.
I did get YAAC running under Linux on a tablet and B/T in Linux is handled better than MS and YAAC did work there but I'd like something I can "run around"with.  The Pocket Chip is kinda small for my tastes but it is Linux and does run Xastir.  Kurt KC9LDH