[Xastir] Digipeat log

Andrej Marc s55ma at radioamater.si
Sun Jul 23 16:33:29 PDT 2017

Hi.

I'm doing telemetry stats on aprs.fi and I'm trying to create stats for
received packets on RF (done), and digipeated packets.

I'm unable to parse correctly tnc.log file with grep and awk to
determine digipeated packets. You can't filter it all.

There is a log file called igate.log and I can see when a certain device
is transmitting, the only problem is, it's only outputting transmit logs
for internet server devices. I'm transmitting with KISS TNC and
unfortunatelly, when TNC goes

into transmit mode, there is nothing in the log file.

Take a look at this image: https://imgur.com/a/k2BV6

I'd wish there was a log file for device 4 in my case, KISS TNC. Are
there any other ways to read digipeated packet? The only thing I can
think of is to setup a sniffing proxy between radio and PTT triger
(/dev/ttyUSB0), and collect data from there.

I also miss error.log, a log where you could read uncompletelly received
packets and make a stats for error rate.

My telemetry data now is showing received packets per minute:
https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/S55MA-10

73 de S55MA