[Xastir] Differences between aprs.fi and xastir?

Tom Henderson Tom at Henderson4.us
Tue Jul 25 05:45:12 PDT 2017

Greetings fellow Xastir users!

I've noticed that a couple of weather stations near me don't show up on
xastir, but do show up on aprs.fi. Some weather sations show up on
xastir, but most don't. I can't tell any difference in the frequency of
updates or anythign else comparing the ones that work vs the ones that
don't and was wondering if anyone had any advice.

If I fetch a findu trail, the station is found, but ages out.

Example of call sign that works on both: WB4QEV-4

Example of call sign that only shows on aprs.fi: CW2227

--
Tom Henderson