[Xastir] Differences between aprs.fi and xastir?

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Tue Jul 25 06:36:25 PDT 2017

I suspect it will have something to do with your filter or server
configuration.
For your filters, check out this link and add/subtract from your own filter
settings. If you added b/CW*/DW* I suspect you would get a plethora of
weather stations.
http://www.aprs-is.net/javaprsfilter.aspx

For your server configuration, most people connect to APRS-IS. Another
option is Firenet which has a bit more available. To use firenet, connect to
firenet.us and use port 14580. I don't know how any of this is configured in
Xastir so that you will need to discover on your own.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH