[Xastir] Problems in recompiling xastir on Raspberry pi 3 including GraphicsMagick

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Sun Jun 25 10:17:03 PDT 2017

Hello Giuseppe

> Then I installed new libraries, among them shapelib (in /usr/bin), I
> also recompiled anew and installed GraphicsMagick, with libraries located
> in
> /home/pi/graphicsmagick-1.3.20/debian/graphicsmagick/usr/lib/mime/packages.

You should be able to just use the GraphicsMagick libraries that come
with Raspbian.  Is there a specific reason why you compiled your own?
With your own built ones, don't leave them in your home directory as
that's a very bad practice.  Follow the GraphicsMagick documentation and
install them in what looks to be /usr/lib via the "make install" option.

--David
KI6ZHD