[Xastir] Propose a new Xastir release?

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Tue Jun 27 09:12:55 PDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

> If you're running Xastir on an RPi you will need to build from source
> since the version of Xastir installed by raspian is ancient and
> unfortunately was the version handed out to 100+ attendees of the RPi
> workshop at SeaPac a few weeks ago.

This is a common issue with stable applications that live out of their
SCM system and don't create official releases very often. Even with an
official release being published, most distro package managers are just
volunteers and they aren't always on top of when something new is
available.  Regardless, step one is to get a new Xastir version released
and then we can pursue with the Debian, Fedora, etc. package managers.

Do we think the current state of Xastir is worthy of an official release?

--David
KI6ZHD