[Xastir] Propose a new Xastir release?

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Tue Jun 27 10:44:57 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:38:24 AM PDT Ken Koster wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:12:55 AM PDT David Ranch wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > > If you're running Xastir on an RPi you will need to build from source
> > > since the version of Xastir installed by raspian is ancient and
> > > unfortunately was the version handed out to 100+ attendees of the RPi
> > > workshop at SeaPac a few weeks ago.
> >
> > This is a common issue with stable applications that live out of their
> > SCM system and don't create official releases very often. Even with an
> > official release being published, most distro package managers are just
> > volunteers and they aren't always on top of when something new is
> > available.  Regardless, step one is to get a new Xastir version released
> > and then we can pursue with the Debian, Fedora, etc. package managers.
> >
> > Do we think the current state of Xastir is worthy of an official release?
>
> 2.0.8 stable was released last July and is in most distributions,  including
> Debian on which Rasbian is based.

Replying to myself I take that last back.   I just checked OpenSUSE which is what I use
and they're still back on 2.0.6,  even on the Tumbleweed rolling release.   So Debian is
the only one I can confirm is good.

--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“I never am really satisfied that I understand anything; because, understand
it well as I may, my comprehension can only be an infinitesimal fraction of
all I want to understand” -Ada Lovelace