[Xastir] non licensed callsign in my area

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 11:08:09 PDT 2017

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017, Kurt wrote:

> I remember some 10 years ago when some guy in the area was running around in the Peoria area with a fictitious call off and on over a period of time.  Guys posted they were going to track him down and one weekend, the guy was at it again and they went after him.  I spent an enjoyable 45 minutes watching on Xastir  and the perp eventually stopped at a resturantor gas station where the trackers confronted him. (That takes cojones now and it did then too.)  Guy sheepishly said he bought the tracker "second hand" and didn't know it was"illegal".  Was advised to get a Tech license.  The spurious emissions ceased thereafter.  Kurt KC9LDH

I find it hilarious that anyone tries doing something illegal using a device that sends out their exact position.

As funny as people that post pictures on the internet of illegal activity that shows their face and has their lat/long embedded in the photograph itself.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net