[Xastir] on Android

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 07:49:29 PDT 2017

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017, Kurt wrote:

> My thread so I'm thread jacking it! :-)  I got Xastir running via an IS link on a Nexus 7 2012 3G and a 2013 LTE.

I have it running on the latter one now. They key for me was deleting that remaining root directory after an uninstall, and starting over.

   http://xastir.org/index.php/Installation_Notes#Android

I'd appreciate help in fleshing out the screen resolutions that work best (I know 1900x1200 doesn't, it makes everything too small), how to operate with just a touch-screen, how best to start up and close GNUroot/XSLT/Xastir, etc. I'll add to the Wiki as better ideas come through the list.

I don't have a bluetooth keyboard to play with, but have a BT mouse if needed. I'd rather not need it.

I couldn't close the X-server when done playing last night, so just shut down the tablet instead. Not the best solution, but it solved the problem.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Babysitting your tracker:  http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator