[Xastir] on Android

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 10 14:30:55 PDT 2017

My thread so I'm thread jacking it! :-)  I got Xastir running via an IS link on a Nexus 7 2012 3G and a 2013 LTE.  I've done the GNU/Root Debian and XSDL thing from the Android apps and installed as recommended.  Synaptic packages didn't work so I dropped it in later installs.  I totally screwed up the setup in the 2013 and uninstalled GNU/Root and XSDL.  Problem is when I re-installedthe same screwed up screen is seen.  So I did another uninstall and used ES Pro to find a GNU/Root directory that was left on the device after the uninstall.  There was no remnants from XSDL.Well, I deleted the empty GNU/Root and started over. Got it done this time.  The XSDL screen you can tap when it gives you the resolution settings and it will go into a setup screen so you canget the resolution the way you want it.  The Xastir menus and font sizes were way too small for me to see and I had to go to a lower resolution.
I am a script kiddie and not a programmer.  I couldn't get an onscreen keyboard to come up easily but I paired a B/T mouse and keyboard to the N7's and by golly they are "seen" seamlesslyin Xwindows.  I didn't have to do a thing.  The widow comes up and the mouse and keyboard work right off the bat!
Now, I just need to figure out how to pair a B/T GPS and TNC to this thing and holy molee will I be going to town!  I will import some of my current offline map tiles and my gosh this will be great.It will all hinge on if I can can find where the heck bluetooth devices reside.  I used the midnight commander and the system won't let me look at /dev.  I don't know if any B/T devices of another type will be transparent to the system like the mouse and keyboard.  Kurt KC9LDH