[Xastir] on Android

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 11 19:53:45 PDT 2017

Ok,   I had loaded GPS Share on my Android device quite some time ago and this script kiddie took a few minutes to set it up and then configure Xastir-On-Android to use gpsd and by golly, using localhost and the stock2947 address, IT'S GOING!!  YEEEEE HAAAA. Feeding right off the internal GPS chipset of the Nexus 7 2013 LTE Done!!
Now the only and probably more difficult task is going to to see if I can pair a B/T TNC or B/T NMEA tracker receiver and actually do some work with this thing.  That's the killer thing there.  If I can pair a B/T device to the Android N7 and see if I can "hand" the datastream over to GNU/Root we'll be in the clear.
If THAT works only thing left will be perhaps tweaking the icon and font sizes a bit.  I lowered the resolution in the XSDL serverin the setup screen and that helps a bit.
Ok, I get the lat/long with gpsd and GPS share but I'm not seeing my msl altitude of my station going out.Gpsd limitation or did I not have a switch selected? I see altitudes of incoming stations that are sending themto the screen though.
 Kurt KC9LDH-3       From: "Curt, WE7U" <curt.we7u at gmail.com>