[Xastir] iGate function

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 21:56:58 PDT 2018

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018, Peter Mallett wrote:

> Anyhow, the radio side is working as I think it should, the inet port is
> working as it should I believe and in both places I have the Inet > Radio and
> Radio > inet buttons pressed.
>
> Now, I do not get any traffic sent from inet to the radio port, this is
> without the station being heard on inet otherwise it wouldn`t be rebroadcast
> on radio.

First, there are definitely two places to enable: One under File->Config and one under the the Interface menu and specific radio interface you're using.

Next: Xastir will only gate messages and ACK's/NAK's through to the radio side by default, and only if the particular station was heard on THAT radio interface.

If you want to gate specific other packets through, check out the "nws-stations.txt" file in section 7 of the README file distributed with Xastir.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS:  Where it's at!         http://www.xastir.org