[Xastir] Gating weather data to RF

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:31:25 PDT 2018

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018, Alejandro Arroyo wrote:

> I have a station running xastir for several years now (HP1COO). I also have
> a weather station (not APRS compatible) that sends data using my callsign
> (HP1COO-13) to CWOP. This data is visible on aprs.fi.
>
> Is there a way to configure xastir to forward the weather data from this
> station to RF? I only want to forward to RF metereological data of the
> area. I read this might be done configuring the file nws-stations.txt ?

If you do a grep for "nws-stations.txt" in the Xastir main directory you'll find info in ChangeLog and README about it. That might lead you to read a bit more igate.h/igate.c as well, depending on how curious you get and what you want to do.

If the packet is already gated to APRS-IS (sounds like it's not) then with the correct entries in that file Xastir may be able to gate them to RF.

Since you're sending them only to CWOP right now, it may not be possible.

Others may be able to answer whether you can (or should) connect to APRS-IS -and- CWOP with Xastir at the same time. If that's a reasonable thing to do, then you might be able to gate them to RF using this method.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Windows ate my homework!