[Xastir] Help with Maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:23:21 PDT 2018

On Tue, 8 May 2018, Joseph Chiarelli wrote:

> I need some help with Maps. I selected the online maps and it see some detailed maps display, but I see this error in the console.

You selected "the online maps"... How? Sounds like you might have selected the directory instead of the files within, which selects every type of Online map source, working or not, and overlays them all on top of each other. Since the Online map sources are currently all raster-based images, you'll only see the last map loaded.

Try expanding your view and trying the map sources one at a time. Figure out which ones work for you and which don't, then only select one of them. They'll load faster that way too.

> The urls aren?t valid. Is there a spot for other online maps?

Xastir has outlived many sources of maps. We can't guarantee that any of the sources are currently valid as they come and go.

Yea, you can add your own. Check out README.MAPS or this online version of similar:

     http://xastir.org/index.php/HowTo:MAPS

You'll find slightly different information in the file and the online version as they're almost never in sync. The one in the Xastir sources would be the most up-to-date.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Babysitting your tracker:  http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator