[Xastir] Help with Maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:18:48 PDT 2018

One of my favorite maps at the moment is Tigermaps in Shapefile format. Those are not online maps though: I download the areas of interest, then don't need the 'net.

Xastir renders Shapefile-format maps very quickly. They are vector maps, so scale nicely also.

I haven't checked whether we're set up for the latest-latest Tigermaps as far as Xastir dbfawk files to go with them.

Hah! Just checked and I'm running Tiger-2008 maps on this machine. Guess that's not the latest! Looks like 2017 is the latest:

     https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger.html

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://we7u.wetnet.net/aprs_device_capabilities.html