[Xastir] Help with Maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:56:53 PDT 2018

On Tue, 8 May 2018, Joseph Chiarelli wrote:

> I didn?t realize that ?Online? selects everything. As you both suspected, it was the mapquest-aerial and mapquest ones giving the issue.
>
> Playing further, i think i need to go with the Offline maps. I thought it saved the online maps to cache, but it seems to download the tiles everytime i move the map around.

Well... Kind'a. Try using the arrow keys to move around and picking particular zoom levels using the pageup/pagedown keys and you'll stick to tiles you've downloaded before. If you deviate from that the map caching gets lost and tries to pull in new ones.

You can also set a map bookmark for a starting position/zoom level so that you can get back into the tiles if you accidentally stray.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://we7u.wetnet.net/search_and_rescue.html