[Xastir] Back to the old

Kurt ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 14 16:34:33 PDT 2018

I've no trouble with a Mobilnkd TNC with Xastir as long as it's a native Linux distro.This script kiddie has been dinking with GnuRoot and Linux Deploy on Nexus 7's and only the -IS server is usable. Local position can be had with the Android appGPS Share on the Android side using gpsd.  Local elevation isn't displayed via gpsd butincoming station data comes through fine.  So one can get at the Androids GPS natively.
Linux on Android can't get at paired B/T devices on the Android side other thana B/T mouse or keyboard so a Mobilnkd, AV5RT or AP510 are not accessible.(Again, native Linux machines and all of the above is possible.)
Native Linux on a laptop/desktop?  Just get the settings right and it works fine.
The Ubuntu build instructions actually worked for me with a base Kali Linux setupon a Nexus 7 2013 Flo and LTE using Linux Deploy.  If they can just get B/T peripheralsvisible on the linux  side and we'd be cook'in here.  A 7 or 8 inch tablet looks niceactually.
Kurt KC9LDH