[Xastir] Any ideas for Xastir

MLHPUB mlhpub at free.fr
Sat May 19 13:55:55 PDT 2018

Hi all,

May I suggest 3 ideas for Xastir after few years of use ?

1- Queries
It should be great if Xastir could answer APRS queries (?aprsh or ?aprsd
for instance, and others). These are really usefull to test stations
capabilities especially on HF (or other bands of course) when propgation
is good !

2- Message timer
Other stations, digi or igate, are sometimes slow to react facing Xastir
which retry a message quickly after the first sent. I noticed this
"aggressive" behavior especially with slow links (300bds HF).
Can we imagine an adjustable timer for this parameter ?
Because it looks progressive when retries are growing (APRS specs ?), 3
steps could be possible :
- quite
- normal
- aggressive

3- Data and messages views
Data view and messages view are really usefull to monitor trafic but I
think date and time informations are missing.
How about add this in a short field for each line on these monitor
windows ?

Sorry if theses ideas are not new but I really think they reflect what
is missing for me in this wonderful APRS software.

Standing by if anyone want to speak about :)

73 de F4ACU

Matthieu