[Xastir] Maps

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:19:34 PST 2018

I upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu 18.04 today, and I encountered the libcurl
issue.  The solution for me was to remove libcurl4-openssl-dev and install
libcurl4-gnutls-dev.  Recompiling Xastir after that change left me with an
installation with maps working normally.  In the map chooser, the
Online/OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo selection has been relatively bulletproof over
the years.  There is also an Online/USTigermap.geo selection that works
(and there are other Online map choices that work as well).

It's not clear from your message if your are looking to display any map
(either online or offline), or if you are looking for how to display an
offline map without an internet connection.  Also are you using the version
of Xastir that is provided by Ubuntu 18.10, or are you using a compiled
version downloaded from GitHub?  If you are using the one provided by
Ubuntu it may not be up to date enough to include the Tiger Map updates.

Lee - K5DAT