[Xastir] Online Map Enhancements

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Nov 24 09:46:14 PST 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 10:47:40AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> There's a remaining part of the new code I have decided to take another
> look at to see if I can make it more efficient before sharing via Git. In
> the meantime anyone who's interested in checking out the new capabilities
> can swap the 4 source files in a local clone, rebuild, and add the new Geo
> files. I would back up those 4 source files before trying that.

If you're working in a git clone, those files are already backed up.  You
just need to restore them from your clone.

   git checkout -- <filename>

will restore <filename> back to what was in the git repo at the
most recent commit.  You will, of course, lose your changes that way.  Or you
can just "stash" the changes and return to the version stored in the git repo:

   git stash push

This takes all uncommitted changes in the current directory, undoes them,
and restores you to the original.  But it also *saves* what changed on
a stack, so you can get it back:
  git stash pop

This will take the top set of changes off the stack and reapply them.

There's also
  git stash apply
that re-applies the changes on the top of the stack without popping them off,
and
  git stash drop
that takes the top changes off the stack and discards them without applying.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM