[Xastir] Online Map Enhancements

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:25:59 PST 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 11:46 AM Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 10:47:40AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron
> collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> >
> > There's a remaining part of the new code I have decided to take another
> > look at to see if I can make it more efficient before sharing via Git. In
> > the meantime anyone who's interested in checking out the new capabilities
> > can swap the 4 source files in a local clone, rebuild, and add the new
> Geo
> > files. I would back up those 4 source files before trying that.
>
> If you're working in a git clone, those files are already backed up.  You
> just need to restore them from your clone.
>
>    git checkout -- <filename>
>
> will restore <filename> back to what was in the git repo at the
> most recent commit.  You will, of course, lose your changes that way.  Or
> you
> can just "stash" the changes and return to the version stored in the git
> repo:
>
>    git stash push
>
> This takes all uncommitted changes in the current directory, undoes them,
> and restores you to the original.  But it also *saves* what changed on
> a stack, so you can get it back:
>   git stash pop
>
> This will take the top set of changes off the stack and reapply them.
>
> There's also
>   git stash apply
> that re-applies the changes on the top of the stack without popping them
> off,
> and
>   git stash drop
> that takes the top changes off the stack and discards them without
> applying.
>
> Last weekend I made some additional changes to the code.  It's now 5
source files that have been modified.  The revised source files are
available here:
http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/new-Xastir-src_2018-11-25.tar.gz

Sample geo files are available here:
http://www.175moonlight.com/xastir/Xastir-Geo-files_2018-11-25.tar.gz

The WMS_nationalmap.gov, Stamen, and OpenTopo files will work without any
source code modifications. The others will not work until after recompiling
with the 5 updated source files.  Geo files need to be copied to
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online

The sample geo files I shared previously will not work with the most up to
date mods, so both the source files and geo files I shared earlier will
need to be replaced.  I would appreciate any feedback on how this stuff
works (or doesn't).  There's no guarantee that these mods will make it into
an official Xastir release, so this may be your only opportunity to play.
:-)

Thanks,
Lee - K5DAT