[Xastir] Raspberry PI 3 install instructions needed

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Thu Oct 18 19:11:06 PDT 2018

On Thursday, October 18, 2018 1:10:45 PM PDT woodworkingman2000 wrote:
> The instruction page is way out of date. For new install. Many Libs not
> found. Can somebody update the Install page if possible.

I just went through the whole process on a fresh install of raspian stretch.
I did not do the shortcut but followed all the remaining instructions.  I did not install
gdal.

The only change necessary was to install a different package to get xset.

sudo apt-get install x11-xserver-utils

Even without xset the build completed without errors and xastir runs fine (in my
case on a remote display since this particular pi is headless)

Exactly what image are you attempting to install xastir on?  It sounds like it's either
not a complete install of raspian, or some other custom image.

Ken,  N7IPB