[Xastir] kiss off command to restore your tnc back to command mode

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Thu Oct 18 21:26:00 PDT 2018

Learned a lot over the last two evenings.  First, I am adding this
attachment so other newbies might find far less pain getting their
Kantronics TNC's back into command mode following a kiss session WITHOUT
HARD RESET!  I hope I added enough help for folks to understand how to
use it.

However, I need help.

I would like to use xastir to add a new SERIAL TNC and not a kiss tnc.
I can modify the start up file and exit file.  What I need help with is
HOW to get the kiss off command into that text file so xastir will leave
my tnc back in command mode.

xastir default files in debian/ubuntu/mint are:
tnc-start.sys and tnc-stop.sys in /usr/share/xastir/config/

Is there anyone with working files that would be willing to share this
secret?

Thank you, 73

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken