[Xastir] Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:55:26 PDT 2018

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, David Ranch wrote:

> I just noticed when I start Xastir from the terminal, I see:
>
> ***** WARNING *****
> Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!
> Disabling use of the map cache.
> Header file: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (September 22, 2015)
> Library file: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (March 22, 2017)
> ***** WARNING *****

These should be the important packages:

> db4-4.7.25-22.el6.x86_64
> db4-devel-4.7.25-22.el6.x86_64

> Maybe Centos is getting confused between the db4 and compat-db42?  This is on
> Xastir 2.0.9 (old I know).

Interesting. I wonder if the code in Xastir is keying off the version-and-date string instead of just the version string. I added that check because w/o it Xastir was falling over when the Berkeley DB header files and .so didn't match. Ideally the check code should just be looking at that "4.7.25" number.

I'll check into this.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"... you can't have 100% security and also then have 100% privacy and zero inconvenience. We are going to have to make some choices as a society." - Barack Obama