[Xastir] Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Fri Oct 19 08:33:04 PDT 2018

Hello Everyone,

I just noticed when I start Xastir from the terminal, I see:

***** WARNING *****
Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!
Disabling use of the map cache.
  Header file: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (September 22, 2015)
Library file: Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (March 22, 2017)
***** WARNING *****

I researched this issue in the archives and while there were responses
from Tom Russo on 09/16/2012 (subject: Segfault on indexing maps), that
user's issue was that he was running different Berkeley DB versions.
I'm running the same version (I think).  On my Centos 6.10 machine, I
have the following installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep db4
compat-db42-4.2.52-17.el6.x86_64
db4-utils-4.7.25-22.el6.x86_64
db4-4.7.25-22.el6.x86_64
db4-devel-4.7.25-22.el6.x86_64
db4-4.7.25-22.el6.i686
db4-cxx-4.7.25-22.el6.x86_64
compat-db43-4.3.29-17.el6.x86_64

Maybe Centos is getting confused between the db4 and compat-db42?  This
is on Xastir 2.0.9 (old I know).

--David
KI6ZHD