[Xastir] Position data from Xastir not accepted by Yaesu FTM-400 or Direwolf

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:19:08 PDT 2018

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018, Tom Henderson wrote:

> Can you explain what you mean by "third party packet?" The packet I'm showing
> here is generated by xastir when I go to the interface menu and click
> "transmit now."

Look up "APRS101.pdf". Third-party packets are explained in there.

If you want to know about APRS protocol the above document as well as some of the addendums (only on web pages for those) by Bob Bruninga, WB4APR, are required reading.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Closed-minded about open (-source)...