[Xastir] Position data from Xastir not accepted by Yaesu FTM-400 or Direwolf

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:35:29 PDT 2018

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018, Tom Henderson wrote:

> I had noticed that the position information for my Xastir digi wasn't showing
> up in my mobile (FTM-400). Today I was playing around with DireWolf and
> noticed the "Unknown message type K" error. Is this something I have set
> wrong in my Xastir config?
>
> Strangely enough, when i create map objects and transmit their location, the
> location info works just fine.
>
> Here's the error message I saw in DireWolf
>
> KW4TOM audio level = 45(22/9)   [NONE]   ____|||||
> [0.6]
> KW4TOM>APX211,WIDE2-2:KW4TOM>APX211,TCPIP*:=3023.43NT08705.80W&PHG810073 to
> all! Gulf Breeze Digi/iGate<0x0d>
> Unknown message type K, Xastir

The unusual things I see are the 'T' where the '/' or '\' should be between latitude and longitude (didn't consult the spec to see whether that was valid or what it means), and the "PHG" is too long... I think you need a space between the PHG numbers and the comment. I don't know why it says "Unknown message type K", as the only K's I see are in the callsigns.

Ah, consulted the spec: 'T' is an alpha overlay, so that part should be good.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
"Debating an anti-gunner is like debating an arachnophobe about the importance of spiders in the ecosystem." -Stephen Wright