[Xastir] Xastir iGate Setup

Andrew McKay aacmckay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:17:47 PDT 2018

I've compiled and been running Xastir since last night. I'm able to receive
APRS data with my radio and have also connected to servers to receive net
feeds of APRS traffic. I tried changing my TNC settings to allow RF -> Inet
traffic Only but I'm not seeing my station reporting any stations that I've
seen on aprs.fi. I also configured the internet server for TX as well. When
I do transmit now, my traffic is showing up on aprs.fi with a TCPIP path,
but no stations that I've been RXing over my radio with I look at my
callsign Info

Part of what I don't understand about the network side of APRS, do I need
to send the inet traffic to their server specifically? Or is being
configured for rotate.aprs2.net good enough for my station to report to
aprs.fi?

Any help would be appreciated!