[Xastir] Xastir iGate Setup

Andrew McKay aacmckay at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 11:59:37 PDT 2018

Hi Dave,

I'm going to spend a bit of time troubleshooting this today.  I have Xastir
set up on two laptops now.
One with a KISS TNC connected via serial port and the other using
soundmodem and an x25 port.
I should be able to get the two of them to talk to each other without using
radios just for testing
purposes.

> 1) In the Internet port configuration, do you have a passcode entered and
> is
> "Allow transmitting" checked?

Correct I have added a passcode that I generated on:
https://apps.magicbug.co.uk/passcode/
Allow transmitting was checked on both.

> 2) If you're using the m/distance_in_KMs filter on your Internet port
> config, did you use the "move my station here" function to put your icon
> sorta near where you want it?

I tested both with an the unfiltered port, and the filtered port with
filtered parameters set to m/500.
As for setting the location of my station, I didn't realize about the right
click method.  That said I went
to File -> Configuration -> Station and set the Lat and Long to my position
manually. I have also had
a USB GPS connected to the laptop and set it up as an interface to get my
position.  I assume that
either of those methods would work the same as the right click method.

3) Under "Interface" are any of the boxes checked (none should be).

Settings confirmed, none are checked when I was testing