[Xastir] I think someone changed something about Weather Alerts

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Sep 14 19:02:19 PDT 2018

I inject two types of lightning objects into firenet.us from KJ4ERJ-LS.
There are SZ-* objects that light up grid squares and are located at the
centroid of the strikes over the past 10 minutes.  The comment should
contain the count of strikes in that gridsquare.  And there are LS-*
objects that represent each individual strike.  But if there are more
than one strike in a given 6 character gridsquare in the past 10
minutes, the smaller square is outlined and filled with color depending
on how many strikes are within it.

All of these objects are killed when no longer necessary.   SZ-* objects
are killed when there have been no strikes in the past 10 minutes in
that square.  LS-* objects are killed after 10 minutes, or in the case
of 6 character gridsquare objects, when the count goes to zero after 10
minutes.

Note that these objects use the MultiLine format to describe the area,
but specifically do not otherwise comply with being "NWS Objects" per
the published spec.

PS.  You can see the active counts of these various objects in
KJ4ERJ-LS's telemetry:

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ-LS?range=day