[Xastir] Weather Stations

Dj Merrill xastir at deej.net
Sun Sep 23 18:23:55 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Although I've used Xastir for years as an iGate, I've never played with
the weather stuff and have recently become interested in doing so.  I'm
definitely in "learning mode" right now.

I'm running Xastir on a Raspberry Pi, and would like to find a weather
station that can be used with this setup, hopefully something that is no
more than $200-$300.

My understanding so far is that I can connect with either serial, or
over the network.  My preference would be the network connection, and
although there seem to be several weather stations on Amazon that claim
WiFi connectivity, I don't know if they will support the proper
connectivity protocols for Xastir to connect.

For example, this unit is attractive:

Ambient Weather WS-2902A weather station

(https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-Professional-Monitoring-Compatible/dp/B01N5TEHLI/)

What exactly am I looking for to know if a weather station will be
compatible with Xastir?

Thanks,

-Dj

--