[Xastir] KPC-3+ USB connection

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 10:43:14 PST 2019

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 11:18 AM Terry & Marc Gillespie <tlgmag at npgcable.com>
wrote:

> In the Interface Control window Device 0 (Internet Server) shows UP but
> Device 1 (Serial TNC) shows DOWN. In the documentation that I have read I
> missed an explanation of what the UP and DOWN words are trying to tell me.

UP or DOWN is the state of the connection to that device (i think there's
also an ERROR state? but maybe i dreamed that one up).  Connections that
are up have successfully connected to the device/server they are configured
to access.  This doesn't mean that everything is working, but it does mean
that you are communicating with the device or server at some level.

Conversely an interface that is down is not connected (and therefore will
certainly not have data flowing across that interface).

Lee's tip is a good one - start xastir from a terminal window and look for
any error messages.

-Jason
kg4wsv